SF supervisors seek to make employers pay for family bonding time

San Francisco on Tuesday is nearly certain to become the first municipality in the nation to mandate that employers offer fully paid bonding time to employees with babies.

Currently, California pays 55 percent of a new parent’s salary for six weeks of bonding time, and Supervisor Scott Wiener’s legislation, introduced in January, would require businesses in the city that employ at least 20 people to pay the remaining 45 percent.

Wiener’s legislation would apply to bonding time for all new parents, including fathers, those who’ve adopted, lesbian partners and those who have babies through surrogacy.

California grants an extra six to eight weeks

Aggregated News

Aggregated news from around the world, brought to you in a single source for convenience. These snippets of news include a link to the full article.

Please peruse our other editorial and original content, as well.

 

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz